Citation CJ2 Market Update January 2024

Our January 2024 update on what’s happening in the Citation CJ2 preowned sales market;

The Citation CJ2 fleet has 235 aircraft in operation today, and as of January 8, 2024, there were 14 available for sale, or 6.0% of the total fleet. This is down 2.1% from last month, when there were 19 available for sale (or 8.1% of the fleet).

Since June of 2023, there have consistently been more than 10 CJ2s available for sale at any given time, and steady sales activity to match showing that this aircraft type is still in high demand. With the Citation CJ2s currently listed for sale, they have been on the market an average of 139 days, with an average ask price of $3.279 Million. The average days on market is up just slightly from 125 days last month. The average ask price is mostly unchanged from last month, dropping just slightly from $3.28 Million in November to $3.279 Million in December.

Over the last six months, it has taken an average of 134 days for a Citation CJ2 to sell once being listed on the market. This is up 33 days from last month, when the rolling average was 101 days on the market. The other figure we follow is the average sold price over a rolling six-month period. Currently, the average sold price is $3.268 Million, which is up roughly $93,000 since last month when it was $3.175 Million. This is the first time the average sold price has been over $3.2 Million since we started tracking this market, showing that the CJ2 is a very popular step-up jet for many buyers, and prospective owners see the value in this aircraft and are willing to pay to get one. Six Citation CJ2s sold in December, up from 1 in November, and over the last six months 17 Citation CJ2s changed ownership.

In 2023, the aviation industry experienced a remarkable surge in aircraft sales. The year witnessed a substantial rise in the number of listings, and corresponding transactions flourished. As we embark on a new year, the significance of collaborating with a proficient and informed aircraft broker cannot be overstated. It is crucial to have your interests aptly advocated for in this dynamic market.

An array of exceptional aircraft are currently available for purchase, with eager buyers seeking opportunities. For a seamless experience, consider reaching out to The Jet Agent. Our team is well-equipped to leverage our resources on your behalf, regardless of whether you are a buyer or seller in the transaction.

Learn More About The Preowned Citation Jet Markets

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top